WELCOME TO NFL BLITZ NEWS.. NFL NEWS FOR NFL PEOPLE

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jenkins considers himself starter for dallas

"Mike Jenkins considers himself the Cowboys' starting right cornerback, according to a blog post on his Web site.Throughout organized team activities, second-year players Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick split work with the first-team defense while competing to start opposite Terence Newman.On Monday, Jenkins posted an entry titled "My Job to Keep" to www.mikejenkins 21.com."Heading into training camp, I'm the starter at right cornerback, and my job is to maintain that position," Jenkins' blog post read. "It's my job to lose, but there's a guy behind me with nothing to lose. If he makes a mistake, it's not going to cause him to lose his job. If I make a mistake, the coaches are going to take a long, hard look at me in that position."Neither player could be reached for comment, but Scandrick's agent, Ron Slavin, said Tuesday that he was aware of Jenkins' blog. He maintained that a winner hasn't been declared between Jenkins and Scandrick."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me On Twitter